Legacy of Care Planned Giving
By making a planned gift, you can combine your affinity for a charity with your overall financial, tax or estate goals. To learn about more options, call 800-233-1708 or consult your professional financial advisor.
- Bequests – One of the most common ways of giving is by naming Hospice of Southern Illinois as a beneficiary in a will or estate. A bequest might be a gift of cash in a specific amount or a percentage of an estate, stock, real estate or personal property. Hospice of Southern Illinois would request to be informed of any bequest so that we may realize the full benefit and give the appropriate recognition.
- Life Insurance – An individual may designate Hospice of Southern Illinois as the beneficiary or owner of a life insurance policy. Upon the death of the insured, Hospice of Southern Illinois will receive the face amount of the policy.
- Securities – Another option is to donate securities such as stocks, bonds, mineral rights, etc. Generally, the advantage is the ability to deduct the fair market value of the gift and avoid capital gains tax liability.
For additional information, please contact our Development Director or your personal financial advisor.
Support Our Garden
SI Elder Law Memorial Garden is located in Marion off Halfway Road just north of the Hospice of Southern Illinois office. The SI Elder Law Memorial Garden provides families with a special place to reflect and remember loved ones. The west most circle in the garden has been dedicated to the Veterans in our communities.
Donations are valuable to the on-going development of the Memory Garden. In addition to a general donation to the garden, naming opportunities by which a loved one can be honored or memorialized are available. Current naming opportunities include:
- Walkway from the parking lot to the garden $5,000
- Ambient Lighting (1 available) $1,000
- Endowment for regular plantings and maintenance (Annual Opportunity) $500