Hospice of Southern Illinois is committed to provide caring, quality hospice services to terminally ill patients and their families in St. Louis Metro-East communities. Discussing hospice is appropriate at any stage of a life-threatening illness. We would be honored to speak with you and discuss our hospice services and would be grateful if you chose us to serve you and your loved ones.
Hospice services are available to anyone with no regard to terminal disease, race, creed, national origin, age, sex, or ability to pay.
A referral to hospice is appropriate when:
- A patient has a serious illness with a life expectancy of 6 months or less.
- Comfort care and symptom management become the primary focus.
- Curative treatment is no longer the patient’s choice or option.
Referrals to hospice may be made by anyone, including but not limited to:
- Hospital Discharge Planners
- Social Workers
- Family Members
- Nursing Homes or other Long Term Care Facilities
To make a referral to Hospice of Southern Illinois
- For patients who live in the Hospice of Southern Illinois service area, call 1-800-233-1708 or fill out the form below.
- For patients outside of Hospice of Southern Illinois’ service area, you may contact the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (nhpco.org), or call 1-800-658-8898 to inquire about hospice programs in your area.
Call Hospice of Southern Illinois to learn more about end-of-life care and hospice services, 800-233-1708. Request a chat,