COVID-19 Update from Dr. Ellen Middendorf, Medical Director for Hospice of Southern Illinois.
COVID-19 Update | We are your local, community based hospice and trusted end-of-life care experts in Southern Illinois and the Metro East. First, we wanted to let you know we are STILL HERE providing end-of-life care to families in their private homes and home-like settings, including long term care and assisted living facilities. Our team, comprised of healthcare heroes, is working tirelessly to continue providing the compassionate care they always have. We understand the pandemic has added a level of stress, isolation and challenges to our current climate, but we are truly in this together. Here are some steps we are taking to support you now, like we always have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are taking measures to ensure, not only our employees, but those we care for with compromised health situations are safe and protected!
- We still provide face-to-face visits, personal care and emotional support while following CDC guidelines with plenty of personal protective equipment.
- We’re working with caregivers and healthcare professionals to coordinate visits to ensure proper infection control.
- Hospice of Southern Illinois is providing telehealth visits when possible to ensure everyone’s safety. Moreover, you can expect the same person-centered care from us. We will not compromise our care during these times.
- We have stepped up our efforts to support the community. A few examples include, creative approaches to support small businesses, aid in COVID-19 relief efforts, encourage positivity through social media, vehicle parades, and music.
- Additionally, we are providing grief support to those who have lost friends and family to COVID-19.
We would like to close by thanking our Hospice of Southern Illinois’ team, other front-line heroes and first-responders who are working during this time. As we all start to get back into the community, I want to extend our sincere note of assistance. If there is anything we can do regarding end-of-life care, grief support or community engagement, please reach out and let us know how we can collaborate and grow together.
Learn more: www.hospice.org/telehealth • 1-800-233-1708