The mission of Hospice of Southern Illinois is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and their loved ones touched by a terminal illness.
Hospice of Southern Illinois is a not-for-profit, free standing, community-based hospice offering Southern Illinois and St. Louis Metro-East communities a range of services for people of all ages at the end of life. We have been providing compassionate care to terminally ill patients and their families in their home or a home-like setting since 1981. Since that time, Hospice of Southern Illinois continues to put patients and family’s needs and wants first.
Not all hospice providers are the same. While most have a similar philosophy, each hospice is a different company offering different services. The best time to learn about hospice care is before you need it. At any time during a life-threatening illness, it is appropriate to discuss all of a patient’s healthcare options, including hospice care. Our reputation is a direct result of our desire to do more than what is required or expected. This can be seen in the passion and commitment of our employees and volunteers to provide excellent hospice care through all the services we provide.
About Hospice of Southern Illinois
- Not all hospice providers are the same. We are a not-for-profit hospice program. We are committed to the community and have been since 1981 Each of us at Hospice of Southern Illinois considers it a privilege to care for your loved one’s end-of-life needs. Thank you for that trust.
- Meeting the needs of the patient and family is a top priority at Hospice of Southern Illinois. The patient, family, and caregiver, are an essential part of hospice care.
- We offer on-call support, patient care, and patient admissions 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- We have a specialized admission team which enables us to respond quickly to patients & families with urgent needs. Our admission nurses use their clinical expertise to evaluate each patient’s unique needs and provide immediate support and education for the patient and family.
- We are the only hospice program in the region with a full-time Medical Director, Dr. Ellen Middendorf as an employee. Our clinical team has 24-hour direct accessibility to Dr. Middendorf for consultation and support.
- Besides the excellent care we provide, one thing that sets Hospice of Southern Illinois apart from other hospice providers is that our admission and social workers staff explore all potential sources of payment with the patient and/or their family to ensure the patient receives the most benefit from their insurance provider.
- Hospice of Southern Illinois is committed to the whole family. We not only provide physical and emotional support for the patient, but for the family as well.
- Hospice of Southern Illinois is committed to community education and outreach. We take pride in connecting with patients, families, friends and the community in several ways including sharing information, news, and our services, by reaching out through community events, and educating people by public speaking, media and networking.
Hospice of Southern Illinois is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid. Generous financial support from the communities we serve, including memorials and donations of friends, families and corporations, allow Hospice of Southern Illinois to provide care to patients and families and helps provide many programs for the community.