Welcome to our newsroom. Hospice of Southern Illinois appreciates the opportunity to express our dedication to our mission, address end-of-life concerns, differentiate ourselves from other hospice organizations, and highlight our staff, volunteers, supporters, and patients and families that we serve. Continue reading to see our recent media releases, news articles, and Wings’ Newsletters.
Hospice of Southern Illinois’ reputation is rooted in our desire to exceed our patients’ and their loved ones’ expectations for compassionate end of life care. We are proud to communicate with our local media outlets and encourage any contact. Reporters who would like more information should contact the Community Education Department,at 1-800-233-1708, or email our newsroom directly, email@example.com.
Recent Media Releases
- Press Release: New Board Members Hartsoe, Padgett, Burke and Brewster – January, 2021
- Press Release: New Board Member Norma Bellcoff – October, 2019
Recent News Articles
- WSIL: Hospice, local kids put on holiday surprise for veterans – December, 2020
- Riverbender: Serving Those Who Served: Providing Serious Illness Care To Veterans – November, 2020
- Advantage News: Raising Awareness of the Benefits of Hospice and Palliative Care – October, 2020
- RiverBender: Dr. Timothy Cruz Joins Hospice Of Illinois For Residency Program – September, 2020
- WSIL: Millie brings comfort to those in their final days, loved ones- August, 2020
- Trenton Sun: Quarantine Pick-Me-Up – April, 2020
Engage With Us
Looking for more ways to stay connected or get more no-cost resources? Visit our Facebook Page to keep up with Hospice of Southern Illinois’ updates and photos, find ways to support us or attend events, and learn about end-of-life wishes, caregiving, benefits of hospice care and more! You can also engage with us on Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We love when you share stories about your family, show our caregivers support for the work they do, and advocate for those who need our services, right here in southern Illinois and the Metro-East. Our blog is a great place to find updates, education, and resources. We’ve provided our most recent articles below if you’d enjoy checking them out! Last but not least, head over to your app store and download our Phone App. It is full of answers to your questions, conversation starters, and free resources to provide innovative solutions for care, convenience, and connection!
- Medical Director Minute: Pruritus- Itching Doesn’t Have to be a Head Scratcher
- Medical Director Minute: Alternative Routes of Medication Administration
- Medical Director Minute: The Role of Antibiotics in End-of-Life Care
- Steroids- the Jack of All Trades in Hospice Care
- Medical Director Minute: Death Certificates Decoded