Why Choose Hospice of Southern Illinois
Passion….Commitment….Excellence…. These are just a few of the reasons to choose Hospice of Southern Illinois for you or your loved one’s hospice care. Although most hospice organizations have similar philosophies, hospice providers are definitely not all the same. Every hospice is a different company that offers varying services. Hospice of Southern Illinois’ reputation is rooted in our deep desire to exceed our patients’ and their loved ones’ expectations for compassionate end-of-life care. Some of the qualities that set us apart from other hospices are:
- Only hospice program in the region with a full-time Medical Director, Dr. Ellen Middendorf, as an employee. Our team has 24-hour direct access to Dr. Middendorf
- Not-for-profit, free-standing hospice committed to the community for more than 30 years
- Patient care, support and admissions 24 hours a day/7 days a week, including holidays
- Admission nurses provide immediate support and education for the patient and family
- Provide hospice services to individuals of all ages and regardless of ability to pay
- Committed to the whole family, providing support for the patient’s family as well
Hospice of Southern Illinois provides communities in 27 Southern Illinois and St. Louis Metro-East counties a wide array of services for individuals and their families facing the end of life. We are certified by both Medicare and Medicaid. In addition, generous financial support from the communities we serve allows Hospice of Southern Illinois to provide care to all patients and families regardless of ability to pay. Each of us at Hospice of Southern Illinois considers it a privilege to care for you or your loved one’s end-of-life needs.
We sincerely thank you for that trust.
The mission of Hospice of Southern Illinois is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and their loved ones touched by a terminal illness.
Come see some of the beautiful faces of our patients, staff, and volunteers at Hospice of Southern Illinois.
We are committed to provide compassionate, excellent end of life care by ensuring our patients’ and their loved ones’ needs and wants are met or exceeded, without exception. Our leadership team is dedication to this mission.
The Board is composed of professionals from across the Hospice of Southern Illinois service area who serve on a volunteer basis and are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life.
We appreciate the opportunity to express our dedication to our mission, address end-of-life concerns, differentiate ourselves from other hospice organizations, and highlight the community that we serve.
Hospice of Southern Illinois considers it a privilege to care for individuals’ and their families’ end of life needs. We welcome any one to our team who shares our dedication to caring for our patients with the same compassion and dedication as we do.